Bake Temp: Preheat to 350°
Bake Time: 35-45 minutes
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 (1 oz ea.) squares unsweetened
- ¾ cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lavender extract*
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground culinary lavender*
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler (if you like the old way to do it) or microwave chocolate and butter in large microwave bowl at high 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
Stir sugar into chocolate. Mix in eggs and vanilla, and lavender extract until well blended. Stir in flour, ground lavender, and nuts. Spread in greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Cool in pan; cut into squares. Makes 24 brownies.
* We have Lavender Extract: http://lavenderwind.com/webstore/food-extracts
* We have Culinary Lavender: http://lavenderwind.com/webstore/food-herbs
Note: When using glass baking dish, bake at 325°F. For cake-like brownies, stir in 1/2 cup milk with eggs; use 1 1/2 cups flour.
Substitution if needed: 3 level tablespoons unsweetened cocoa and 1 tablespoon butter, margarine or shortening for every 1-ounce unsweetened baking chocolate.